Alumni Award Nominations
Deadline extended to Friday, December 21, 2018
Nomination Deadline: Monday, December 10, 2018
The University of Connecticut College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources and the College Alumni Board request nominations to recognize outstanding CAHNR alumni with the UCAHNRA Distinguished Alumni Award.
All award recipients will be recognized at the annual CAHNR Awards and Honors Event in the spring of 2019.
Distinguished Alumni Award
- Must be a graduate of the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources.
- Must demonstrate excellence in the award category.
- Must have made significant contributions to her/his professional environment.
- Must have an outstanding reputation for his/her work and has been an inspiration to others.
- Must demonstrate professional and/or community service.
Nomination /Application Process
- Those interested in being nominated/nominating a candidate for this award may submit a letter of nomination and letters of support.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Application packets must be submitted in a single pdf file containing all the required documents in the order listed below. The format for the file name is UCAHNRADistinguishedAlumni_NomineeName.
- A checklist of the following must be submitted as a Table of Contents for the nomination packet:
- letter from the individual making the nomination to include name, year of graduation, degree and major, and description of the significant qualifications, abilities, characteristics and achievements that make this nominee an outstanding candidate for the award.
- a copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae or resume.
- Two additional letters of support will be accepted but are not required.
- Optionally, submit any additional supporting documentation that will assist the selection committee in evaluating the nominee's suitability for an award, e.g. publications, previous awards, news articles, etc.
Nomination packets for awards can be sent electronically using pdf format to email@example.com.
For questions about the nomination process, please contact Pam Chudzik at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (860) 833-6843.
To be considered, all nominations and supporting material must be received by Monday, December 10, 2018.